The Bishop of Hallam has decreed that, until Monday 13th April:
- the Sign of Peace is to be suspended at all Masses;
- Holy Communion will be given under one kind only (the Host); the faithful are to receive Holy Communion on the hand only.
We should all continue with our good hygiene practices:
- regular and thorough hand-washing,
- use of tissues when sneezing or coughing and immediate disposal of them (“Catch it, Bin it, Kill it”),
- not touching your face until you have washed your hands.
If you become sick, or are in a vulnerable group (e.g. elderly, people with long-term health conditions, etc.), please make sure to follow the advice of your doctor or GP.
Fr Posluszny and the Parish Council will continue to monitor the situation, and the current advice of the Bishops’ Conference can be found at https://bit.ly/39qjwOL.