Corona Virus Update:
The present guidelines require us to carefully manage the numbers of people who come into the Cathedral for Mass at any one time.
To be able to help us with this, we will be using a Mass Booking service to allow you to book your place at the weekend Masses. All you need to do is send a text message to book your place.
If you do not have a mobile phone, or you are not able to send a text message, you may book your place by phoning Cathedral House instead, or by talking to a volunteer at Church when you come in for private prayer.
For details of all the Masses you can currently book to attend, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Booking Places at Mass via Text:
- You can book to attend a Mass on the day, or up to 6 days ahead. If places are still available, booking is possible until the Mass starts.
- To book a Mass, please text the Mass code, followed by a space, and then the number of people you are booking for. The maximum number, per booking, is 6 people. If you book for 3 to 6 people, we will assume that you all belong to the same household. If you are booking for unrelated people who are not in the same household, please use separate text messages for each person.
- Mass codes are created by using the first three letters of the day, immediately followed by the Mass time in four digits (24hr clock format). E.g. Sat1730, Sun0800, Sun0930, Sun1230, Sun1830. The Mass codes are case sensitive, so please be careful when you type them in.
- After the code, add one space, then state the number of people you are booking for (1-6). For example:
You text: Sat1730 1 – to book for 1 person to attend Saturday’s 17:30 Mass
You text: Sun0800 2 – to book for 2 people to attend Sunday’s 08:00 Mass
You text: Sun1830 5 – to book for 5 people to attend Sunday’s 18:30 Mass
- Please use the following number as our dedicated and automated Mass Booking Services (for texts only):
- It may take up to 10 minutes to receive a confirmation text back. Please be patient if this is the case.
- Your text messages will be your entrance ticket to Mass. You will need to show your booking text, and your acceptance text, to the stewards on the door in order to gain entry to the Cathedral for your chosen Mass. If you have booked via the office, please follow the instructions they give you at the time of booking.
- If you would like to be a member of the congregation at the 11am Livestream, please send an email to PPC@stmariecathedral.org to register your interest. Please state how many people from your household would like to come, and we will get back to you with a date you can come along to and attend.
- Example of booking:
- To attend Saturday 17:30 Mass you text Sat1730 1 to book for 1 person (or Sat1730 2 for 2 people, Sat1730 3 for 3 people, etc) to the mobile number 07476 558810
BOOKABLE MASSES AT ST MARIE’S CATHEDRAL
- Saturday 11/07/2020 17:30 Hs – Mass code is Sat1730
- Sunday 12/07/2020 08:00 Hs – Mass code is Sun0800
- Sunday 12/07/2020 09:30 Hs – Mass code is Sun0930
- Sunday 12/07/2020 12:30 Hs – Mass code is Sun1230
- Sunday 12/07/2020 18:30 Hs – Mass code is Sun1830
A Note About General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
Because we are using mobile phone numbers as a method of allocating places, we need to let you know that we are using the numbers for this purpose. By using this text service, you are giving your consent to us to use your mobile number for the purpose of allocation.
Please be assured that the phone numbers are not linked in any way to the names or addresses of any persons applying for places. The phone numbers will be kept for a period of 21 days, and then destroyed.